Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Countdown to mayhem

Well, it's almost here. My daughter Bailley's last Christmas as an only child. I have been struggling with this one all month. Do I continue to shower her with obnoxious amounts of gifts, and top it off with a week long vacation to Hershey Park for spa fun, and Holiday festivities? or...do I start to ween her from the enchanted life she is so accustomed to and cut Christmas down a bit, so as not to resent the kids when they get here? If you are someone that knows me well, you also know of course I went with plan A! I don't know how I will ever divide what is given to her and share it with the newcomers? It seems so unfair! I'm glad that we will have this one last trip together as a family of 3 before thing 1 and thing 2 show up. I'm already scheduling a c-section to work around Bailley's birthday so as not to interrupt that important time for her. I hope other people have felt like this. Is it possible to love the next like I love the first? I think Bailley will embrace the twins, and I hope to follow her lead. I know my brother became my whole world when he was born on Easter morning in my seventh year. It was love at first sight!  Heck, he's even the man that walked me down the aisle. Last weekend he graduated from the Musician's Institute in LA and is home visiting for the holidays. (congrats lil bro) It is now that I realize why I wanted to expand our family. The way I feel about my brother, no one can ever change. In my eyes it's just impossible for him to do wrong. I don't think I would have ever learned how to put anyone else first without him. And that is exactly the gift I hope to give Bailley. I wish I could have boxed that up for Christmas and saved my cash for a nice post pardum tummy tuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment